Sweet Memories
002
♡ My First Time Seeing EXO's Kai Live ♡
I still can't believe I got to see Kai live for the first time.
I've been a fan for a while, so getting to actually see him in person was such a surreal experience. I live in New York, so Madison Square Garden isn't so far, but walking into the Garden knowing I was about to see Kai perform made it feel completely different.
I went with my friend, which honestly made the whole experience even better. There's something about going to a concert with someone who has the same interests as you that ties the whole experience together. The excitement before the show, talking about what we thought was going to happen, waiting for the lights to go down- it all became part of the memory.
And then Kai came out.
I don't even know how to explain that feeling without sounding dramatic, but it was genuinely one of those "wait, he's actually right there" moments. I'm so used to seeing him through a screen that seeing him standing on an actual stage in front of me felt a little unreal.
The entire performance was amazing, but hearing one of my favorite songs "mmh" live was probably my favorite part. I've listened to that song so many times before, but hearing it in person was completely different. I remember just taking in the moment and thinking about how I was finally hearing a song I've loved in the place where it was actually being performed.
I also loved being surrounded by so many other people who were just as excited to be there. Everyone was singing, cheering, taking pictures, and enjoying themselves. There was this feeling of being part of something for the night, even though we were all strangers.
I think that's what I love most about concerts. You get to take a song that you've listened to alone so many times and suddenly turn it into a memory.
And I'm really glad I got to make that memory with my friend.
When I look back at the pictures and videos from that night, I know I'm going to remember more than just seeing Kai. I'm going to remember being at Madison Square Garden, being with my friend, hearing one of my favorite songs live, and having that little moment of "wow, I actually got to experience this."
Definitely one of those nights I'll be talking about for a long time. ♡
Until the next concert... 🎀

You're so luckyy!! I'm not an exol but he's always been my "bias" lol
ReplyDeleteIt was so much fun!!! I hope he comes back to NYC! What's your favorite K-pop group?
DeleteMy favorites are f(x), New Jeans, BP, and BTS! But I used to listen to a bit of EXO back when they were active. What's your favorite?
DeleteCurrently it's cortis!
Delete